Monday 15 February 2016

I am slipping again, aren't I?
OK...been trying to get the hot sauce all ready to go so haven't had a ton of time for refinishing but have done some.
Here they are!

This 2002 JM66 was Kurt Cobained so I stripped it, glued all the cracks with hide glue, and refinished it in a creamy blonde with a tint of green to it.
Turned out pretty...pretty...pretty...pretty good!
Building a new flamed maple neck for it from scratch with a Brazilian Rosewood board, should look awesome!


1978 Greco SE800 Strat Partscaster Refinish


1979 Greco SE600 Seafoam Refinish





2 comments:

  1. Nice work and great colour choices. I noticed your SE-800 has the metal plating in the cavities for shielding. I have an SE-800J from 1979 with the same thing. I guess it was a factory upgrade at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey man, yeah my crazy tamo ash SE800 has the same thing in it as well.
      I think it was a norm in the 800's or higher along with the Schaller tuners.

      Delete