Thursday 2 July 2015

Well now that work has ended I am have a paid summer off I have been super busy trying to get my 1966 Econoline all finished so I can start driving it during the screaming hot weather we have been getting and enjoy it. Well that and get it ready to be a company vehicle for our hot sauce we are rolling out. =)



So in between the 5 days @ 5 hours per day of truck work I have been refinishing guitars to sell and play.
Sold another 2 yesterday, helps out the bank account!

1st up was this Kurt Cobain'ed JM66 Jazzmaster someone had to of thrown into the air, way up, and allowed it to come down hard as the neck is cracked along the grain behind the 5th to 7th frets and unrepairable along with the body being split and cracked in 5 places, right through! I filled all the cracks with hot hide glue and clamped to dry. Then scraped off all the black poly to wood and filled to level the best I could (mad rhymes!). The filled areas below are "some" of those cracks.


And covered here in some mixed white nitro I did up, after a few base coats of clear to seal it up. 


And now, as of today, covered in my custom mixed lemongrass green. 


Also strippped a horrible home jobbed Fiesta Red on this 2 piece center seamed alder Tokai TE60? and deciding on what pastel colour to do.


Also finishing up the thinline Burny custom (laying flat) after 6 coats of tung and allowed to dry followed by a light burst and some amber lacquer. 


Also the Edwards LP (hanging up) with an aged Fiesta Red top and now finished Russet Amber Aniline dyed back. 



That is all for now, folks!



2 comments:

  1. There is some crazy shit going on over there, very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it is indeed :D Thanks man

    ReplyDelete