Tuesday, 1 November 2016

Also the refinished and now complete 2002 JM66 Jazzmaster with a home made neck.


Been SO SO long since I have updated the blog!
A few projects I worked on:

This Deviser Riverhead 52 Tele was a limited run and made to be a relic when new and while I hate ruining an original finish it was lacquer over top of a nasty thick poly sanding sealer with a terrible lame relic job so this had to be done right, IMO.

Was not a fan of the aged finish I had originally done.
I have always loved the heavily ambered & played Telecasters from the 50s and 60s that must have spent most of their lives in smokey homes and bars.
I decided to do this one up similar and managed to get the lacquer to have that nice dull but still reflective aged patina to it.

Original finish:


Initial Refinish:


Final Product:


Sunday, 10 April 2016

Almost 2 months have past once again!
Been so busy getting everything ready for the hot sauce season along with having another spontaneous pneumothorax on Feb 28th has put a damper on the guitars but still managing to get some work done!
Redid my SE-800/1000 from the trans white into an aged trans blonde.
Turned out OK I suppose...added a NOS SE1000 birdseye neck to it that I have owned for 6 years but never used...even coated from the factory with lacquer as it had checking in various spots.
Decided to age that a little too to match the guitar.

Original:


Trans white:


And Currently:


That's it for now, hope everyone is safe and well!





Monday, 15 February 2016

I am slipping again, aren't I?
OK...been trying to get the hot sauce all ready to go so haven't had a ton of time for refinishing but have done some.
Here they are!

This 2002 JM66 was Kurt Cobained so I stripped it, glued all the cracks with hide glue, and refinished it in a creamy blonde with a tint of green to it.
Turned out pretty...pretty...pretty...pretty good!
Building a new flamed maple neck for it from scratch with a Brazilian Rosewood board, should look awesome!


1978 Greco SE800 Strat Partscaster Refinish


1979 Greco SE600 Seafoam Refinish





Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Finally done this bugger!!
Started off as a 2010 ESP Edwards E-LP-108LTS Lemon Drop but then the original owner tried to refinish it and sanded through the veneer between the pickups.
Thus he did the best next choice (lol) and painted it all black with spray bombs followed by a really bad relic job.
Took me ages to get all the black paint off from everywhere but managed overall.
I then refinished it in a Fender Fiesta Red with some light relic wear.
No grain filler on the back, allowed the lacquer to seep, giving it that older aged appearance.

Monday, 16 November 2015

Been a while but thought I would post some progress on a few guitars I have been working on that are finally done.
1st up is this old 1982 Tokai TE-60 I refinished from a poorly done spray bombed red into a nice lightly aged shell pink.



Next up is a mid to late 80s Burny Les Paul Custom slim.
Bought it bare bones and the original black finish was a little messed so I was going to redo it in black lacquer but decided, after stripping it, that the mahogany was too damn nice to cover up so I instead put about 8 thin coats of tung oil on it followed by 2 light coats of nitro and a mild faded burst. 


Thursday, 22 October 2015

Been ages!!
Truck is nearing completion and it will soon be back to guitar work and selling em!
Gotta get the numbers down more as I am over the excessive buying for the sake of owning/showing and getting back to focus on playing & finishing  =)
Anyway, here are a few shots of the interior.
Finally got the entire rewiring with a 20 fuse block done after a month of hard work and trouble shooting, made a center console for the fuse block to sit in along with the gauges, and got it started and running like it was new.
Brakes were just bled after the master cylinder rebuild and got the doghouse on and recoated the floors with rocker guard today.










Sunday, 9 August 2015

Poor guitars are being neglected folks...selling a few but otherwise my guns and compressor have been occupied with my 1966 Econoline.
I have been working like a mad man lately on our hot sauce logo however. =)
Just finalized it today after many hours of frustration in Illustrator...still needs a star burst background but overall I am pretty stoked.
Udon, our Pug, is gonna be famous lol..